DTP Shootout

Subject: DTP Shootout
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:11:00 +0100

Hello Tim,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Tim Altom an All am 05.12.96

TA> From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>

TA> Here we go again...Frame, PM, Word, WordPerfect (Is THAT
TA> product still on the market?)

yesterday the "Corel World Tour" held a press conference in Munich. I was
there because writing for some special-interest journals is one of my
favourite alternatives to writing manuals.

Corel said they intend to re-establish WP. Considering their success of their
business suite in the U.S. they should be able to do it.

BTW: They showed Corel Ventura 7 - a complete rewrite. Rumors were that no
one dared to touch the GEM kernel of the old Ventura. For Ventura veterans
this
demonstration was quite stunning - most of what they showed was in the
PageMaker domain before. But until now I even refused to install Win95 or
WinNT...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)