Re: Query-Color Scanner (#272316)

Subject: Re: Query-Color Scanner (#272316)
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 09:32:43 MST

Deb asks:

>We're looking at purchasing a quality color scanner.

>Scanners we are considering are:

>1. UMAX - Vista S12
>2. HP ScanJet 4C
>3. Microtech ScanMaker E6Pro

>Has anyone had experience with these products? Are there other scanners
>out there that we should consider? If you can possibly provide
>additional info about them such as DPI, speed, price - we sure would
>appreciate it.

My take:

1. UMAX (no specific model)

Aaaaagggh! We had a UMAX UC 1260. Our equipment support folks
never could get it to run on our systems successfully. Technical
support was useless. I wanted to go back to my Plustek scroll-through
scanner.

2. HP ScanJet 4C

We have one of these now and are very happy with its performance.

3. Microtech ScanMaker E6Pro

Can't speak for this brand.

Bill Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.