Re: HTML Conversion Tools (#242224)

Subject: Re: HTML Conversion Tools (#242224)
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 13:19:47 MST

Steve responded to Emily who wrote:

>> I am a technical writer from Shiva Corporation in Bedford, MA, and new to
>> listserv. I am doing HTML conversions from Word. I am using Internet
>> Assistant, but it doesn't support everything I need.

>I've found that the editor in Netscape Gold works quite well. What
>exactly are you trying to do?

>Of course, purists would say that the only HTML tool anyone needs is
>Notepad. :)

I use Hot Dog Pro, but for a Word to HTML conversion tool, I've been playing
around with the Word-to-Web beta. You can find it at

http://www.solutionsoft.com/w2wdemo.shtml

If you are converting large documents, this may be the tool for you. What I've
seen so far has impressed me.

Bill Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.