Presentation

Subject: Presentation
From: "Mahoney, Jane B." <Jane_B_Mahoney -at- TVRATINGS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:32:00 PST

Deborah Shea writes:
I am currently putting together a presentation to a firm based in
Switzerland
and would like to talk to someone who has had experience doing the same. My
presentation will be in English only, and that is ok because the audience
does
speak English very well.

My problem is that I feel I need to be extra careful because this Swiss firm
recently bought the company that I work for and I heard through the
grapevine
that they seem to think that we (Americans) foolishly spend too much money,
we
are still fighting at the range, and women belong at home (especially
because
we
are in the manufacturing business). I want to show them what we have done
in
the past, where we are going in the future, what are obstacles are, and how
we
can bring both documentation departments together to bridge the gap between
us.

Any ideas? Please feel free to e-mail me directly.
Deborah E. Shea Internet:76232 -dot- 257 -at- compuserve -dot- com

This experience of mine might give you a helpful insight. I recently had to
re-create for a new German customer the documentation I had already done for
an American customer. The reason for the recreation? The American
documentation "looked too expensive." (direct quote)
I re-did the piece to their specifications, and although the finished
product cost more to produce, they were very pleased with the result because
it looked cheaper. That was part of the image they were trying to convey to
their customer base -- no unnecessary frills.