Re: Editing Software

Subject: Re: Editing Software
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:52:33 -0800

At 11:29 AM 11/20/96 -0800, Kris wrote:
>Is it me, or does anyone else find it strange that a grad student of
>technical communication has little awareness of text/document editing tools?

Hey, we were all ignorant once before we achieved our current status as
experts, gurus, founts of wisdom, what have you.

Pedagogy frequently imposes exercises where students rediscover the obvious,
but at least they have done research, organized their material, presented
their results. Kinda sounds like technical writing to me.

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040