Re. Editing Software

Subject: Re. Editing Software
From: Robbie Rupel <robbie -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:40:50 -0600

Someone (I deleted the original post) write:

>I've been ask to define my request for editing software information in more
>detail. I am looking for general information to share with other Tech Comm
>grad students regarding what's available and how practical or useful the
>tools are. Very few of these students will be editing anything other than
>basic word processing documents (no HTML, for example). I know that Word and
>Word Perfect have some editing abilities and have even heard of an
>electronic pad & pen for editing hard copy docs. Thanks again!

Maybe it is me, but I am still confused. Are you looking for (a) editing
tools that writers can use as they write their documents (i.e. work
processors), or (b) editing tools used by editors to mark up a
document/insert their comments/and so forth?

--
Robbie Rupel
Lead Technical Writer

"Pardon me for saying so, but knowing what something isn't
doesn't exactly tell us what something is...." -Eeyore