Re: Killer -Reply

Subject: Re: Killer -Reply
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:41:21 -0800

At 02:11 PM 11/12/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I think the use of the word "abort" is acceptable because it's
>what the user expects. "Abort" was a word long before we came up with
>the term "abortion." If your user expects some other term, or
>doesn't know to expect anything yet, then I'd pick something else if
>"abort" really bothers you.

Saying that users "expect" the word "abort" is a dangerous assumption. How do you know this? I prefer to take the benign route and offend the fewest number of readers possible.

To most audiences, what's the difference between saying "aborts" and "stops"?

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net