Re: Give Clients Softcopy?

Subject: Re: Give Clients Softcopy?
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:24:48 -0800

At 10:20 AM 11/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>The writers at our software company sometimes are asked to write custom=20
>documentation for our clients. The vice-president in charge of custom=20
>projects wants to provide clients with the softcopy source files.

You may not have a choice if the client requests them. This isn't a question of whether you want or don't want to supply them. It's a legal question. Who is paying for the creation of the files? Who owns them? My advice is to talk with legal counsel.

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net