How much should I charge?

Subject: How much should I charge?
From: "Renae E. Rost" <rost -at- SUNTAN -dot- ENG -dot- USF -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:56:54 -0500

I'm a full time student doing two things:

1. Writing a feasibility study for my tech writing class. It's on the
feasibility of
opening a part-time tech writing business.

2. Actually trying to open a part-time tech writing/desktop publishing
business so
I don't have to work for a pittance while in school :)

So here's my question:

What is the going rate for these items: newsletters, brochures, flyers,
resumes,
and any other services that are normally offered by freelancers?

If replies are sent directly to me, I will compile the info for the list.

Thanks in advance,

Tech-Writer wannabe,

Renae Rost

====== E-mail Trivia for the day: Category - Quotes ======

Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research
staff to study the problem.

Bill Vaughan

For more info e-mail: TriviaWare -at- dial -dot- pipex -dot- com