I was pushed.

Subject: I was pushed.
From: Edward Savitz <sg94cshj -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:49:15 -0500

Just thought I would share this snippet from a member of another news group.
I didn't fall into Tech Writing. I was pushed!

Ed Savitz sg94cshj -at- dunx1 -dot- ocs -dot- drexel -dot- edu

From: Rebecca Phillips <Rebecca -at- qronus -dot- co -dot- il>
To: "'techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk'" <techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk>
Subject: RE: How I Fell Into Technical Writing
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:02:16 +0200

>>>. Judging by all the responses, NOBODY sets out
>>>to be a technical writer; it sort of happens.

I beg to differ. Although I personally didn't set out to be a technical
writer, I know plenty of folks who did. It's *the* hot profession here
in Israel for native English speakers. There is no problem filling the 2
and 3 month courses offered for people who want to "learn" how to be a
technical writer. I even had one acquaintance call me up after having
taken one of these courses, telling me he was having trouble getting a
job. When I inquired further, he admitted that he wasn't much of a
writer and that he didn't really have a good command of grammar.
Technical writing is in high demand (read pays well) and it seems
everybody wants to get in on it, even people who really don't like to
write.

Rebecca

Rebecca M. Phillips
Documentation Manager
Qronus Interactive Ltd., Automated System Testing
14 Shabazi Street, Yahud 56231 Israel
http://www.qronus-int.com
rebecca -at- qronus -dot- co -dot- il