Re: acceptable error rates

Subject: Re: acceptable error rates
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:53:32 -0800

Steven Jong wrote:
> By the way, why do I have to make your choice? It is just as common to have
> the choice of a good communicator whose attention to detail extends down to
> minimizing typos, for whom the lack of flaws is a source of pride, and a bad
> communicator who doesn't care to get things right, for whom typos are only a
> symptom of a more serious problem.

<donning asbestos suit> Sometimes, we don't have time to do both. My
company has occasionally sent out manuals so early that they are
acknowledged "beta". I hate it, but it's necessary. Because our software
is released and updated so quickly, sometimes we're lucky to get a
manual out at all. I take pride in my work, and try to catch every
little mistake, but sometimes right is more important than pretty.

I'm sure that no one else on this list has ever had THIS problem. :-)
Joanne Grey Senior Technical Writer
j -dot- grey -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net Standard disclaimers apply
joann -at- genesyslab -dot- com http://www.genesyslab.com

Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
-Theodore Roosevelt