Web Site

Subject: Web Site
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:55:23 -0700

There's been a lot of discussion lately about HTML, ActiveX, Java and
so forth. So I thought I would finally post my Web site on these and
other related topics.

Title: Web Page Design for HTML (and Friends)
Location: ftp://members.aol.com/dsblyth/HTMLNFriends/Index.htm
---

Sponsors: IEEE and QUALCOMM

Disclaimers: There are still some things to fix. Also, this site
was originally designed as a formal paper (thesis level).
The FTP nature of this site is also weird, so if you
get an error message on a link, try again.

I'm hoping to fix some of this stuff as possible. I'll
leave a forwarding address if the URL changes (I think
some problems are related to the trusty AOL servers).

More and better examples are also on my wish list, plus
more editing.

Topic: How to build online help systems for volatile products,
especially on the Web (can Web pages be used to 'gate'
data flows?).

Thesis: The Web is about connecting to the Internet, not paper
documents. But designing and building a (well) connected
Web site creates a volatile data flow. This changes both
the definition of a 'document' and the role of Technical
Communicators.

Other info: This Web site displays a _copyrighted_ paper I wrote for
the IEEE. You can get the hard copy version by sending
me e-mail.

Hope this helps.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus