Re: Canadian Technical Writing Companies

Subject: Re: Canadian Technical Writing Companies
From: byfield -at- DIRECT -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:53:44 -0800

Danielle Beaton <x93qhf -at- JULIET -dot- STFX -dot- CA> wrote:

>Does anyone know of where I could get a list or ideas for a list of
>Canadian firms/companies that hire techncial writers. One of my
>professors suggested I start sending applications out before Christmas...

Try going to a large library and looking in the yellow pages for
each city. In Vancouver, at least the major firms are listed under
"Writers."

Also, the Canada West Coast Chapter of the STC put out a directory
last year. You might contact other Canadian chapters and see if
they have directories, too.
Bruce Byfield (byfield -at- direct -dot- ca)
Burnaby, BC, Canada
(604) 421-7189