Re: File name or filename?

Subject: Re: File name or filename?
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:23:29 -0700

At 12:21 PM 10/21/96 +-100, you wrote:
>It looks very much like you're saying that you prefer "file name" (with a
>space), but then--in your examples--you use the unspaced version. What is
>you preference?

Yes, my post was ambiguous. I prefer "file name" when used in the generic sense. However, as a variable name, I prefer "filename" (usually in italics or delimited) to eliminate the small chance that someone might interpret the space as part of the syntax. Here's an example:

To save a file, do one of the following:

- Enter the file name and click OK.
- Enter the following in the Command box:

save <filename> where <filename> is a name of your choice

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net