Re: Web/PDF Advice sought

Subject: Re: Web/PDF Advice sought
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:01:46 +0000

> I've made the pdf documents and provided links to them from a web page.
> But, when I link to the pdf doc from the web page, code gobbledy gook
> appears in the browser window (Netscape). Netscape does download the pdf
> file onto my hardrive, and I can then open that pdf file with Adobe Reader.

Natalie, it sounds like you don't have Acrobat set up as a "helper"
app in Netscape (under the Options pull-down, select General
Preferences, then Helpers). Netscape doesn't know what app to open to
view a .pdf file until you tell it.

<shameless plug>You might want to take a look at my site (see sig)
and test this theory... I know the pdf files on the "free samples"
page work, so if you have the same problem when you click on them,
my theory is correct. If not, it must be something else.</shameless plug>

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm