Re: PDF versus HTML

Subject: Re: PDF versus HTML
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 08:02:20 +0000

> PDF Cons
> ==============================
> User's have to download Acrobat rather than use their
> original browser.

But do you know that 100% of your users already have an html browser?
And, as was mentioned by someone else, you can include the
Acrobat reader on your CD so users don't have to download anything.

If it's more important that your users be able to alter the material,
or if you will need to update the material regularly, I'd use html.
Otherwise, I think Acrobat is a good choice.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm