Re: Everybody's a Reviewer

Subject: Re: Everybody's a Reviewer
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 14:26:00 PDT

Just came in over the wire this morning: a brilliant idea to let pert near
the entire company review the manual:

>>When I noted that this is an expensive use of the programmers' time, he
said, "You just let me worry about that."

I don't really think there's any choice, is there? Go make a zillion copies,
slap a review sheet together, and start handing them out. Send out an e-mail
to all who get one, let them know what you're looking for, and get out of
the way. Don't give them much time, either.

If there is something going on, and you're being set up, you can't stop it
by jumping in front of a moving train. On the other hand, if a dozen people
are about to get an idea of what the world looks like from your job's point
of view, so be it. Arguing with your boss seems a little career-limiting to
me; your energy is better spent on your resume.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com