Re: Job hopping

Subject: Re: Job hopping
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:35:07 -0700

geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA wrote:
>I'd have a hard time picking someone
> really good (and mobile) over someone who merely does a
> competent job, but who wants to stick with me for a few
> years.

Just to play the devil's advocate... what do you (as an employer) do to
make me *want* to stay with you for a few years?

I'm fortunate. I'm currently working for an adequate company, but for a
boss who makes up for upper management's, um, shall we say "quirks" :-),
by letting me set my own schedule, work at home when I need to,
defending the impossibility of impossible deadlines, and just getting me
the little things that make it easier to stay, even though I could get
better money elsewhere.

And so far, I'm still there!
Joanne Grey Senior Technical Writer
j -dot- grey -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net Standard disclaimers apply
joann -at- genesyslab -dot- com http://www.genesyslab.com

The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those
who cannot fly.
-Friedrich Nietzsche