Windows 95 and the computer's date

Subject: Windows 95 and the computer's date
From: Dominique Porta <dporta -at- SOCABIM -dot- FR>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 15:48:48 GMT

Last week, I changed unvoluntarily the actuals computer's date from 1996 to
2096. As a result, none of the Windows 95 apps installed on my computer
wanted to work : Norton was keeping finding rare viruses in every part of
the hard disk, Robohelp was impossible to launch, etc.. : the nightmare !
Until I found out that the source of all my problems was the false date,
2096. After that, the developers of my company revealed that the 32-bit
programs were planed to waork until... 2037.

--
Dominique Porta
Socabim, Paris (France)