Robohelp vs. HDK

Subject: Robohelp vs. HDK
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:13:00 +0100

Hello Steve,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Steve Fouts an All am 01.10.96

SF> My single biggest complaint about Robohelp was that it required
SF> MS Word.

I have a love/hate relationship to those Winword plug-ins, too.

SF> Given a typical help development scenario, my machine would
SF> have to have
SF> the following programs running at the same time:

I divide the workload between two machines: The year-before-last-year's
screamer (AKA experimenting machine) for the application, screen-shot program
and so, and my current working machine.

This way the new application (probably an alpha version) may crash without
crashing my editor or anything else essential.

...but you might not be able to keep that old machine.

These machines are networked (you can do that cheaper than with my Novell
Netware 3.11, but the file server is an old 386/40 MHz). Therefore I can shoot
a screen, save it to the server and include it in my manual.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)