Re: Value of paper docs?

Subject: Re: Value of paper docs?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 06:06:30 PDT

>Very specifically, I am interested in an objective research study on
>consumer's perception of the value of paper documentation. Ideally, this
>value would be expressed in economic terms.

One could do a first approximation without talking to any users at all.
Estimate the sales of "Dummies" books. This represents money that
the software vendors left lying on the table for someone else to pick
up. The "Dummies" series must have raked in $100 million by now.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139