Re: photos w/ resumes

Subject: Re: photos w/ resumes
From: Rebecca Phillips <rebecca -at- QRONUS -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 11:08:48 +-200

<< "Send your resume and a scanned photograph via email, all
>>correspondence is confidential, of course."
>>Was the company/poster in Europe? It's very common there (almost required)
>>to provide a photo with resumes.

A photo sounds weird to me, but here in Israel a lot of places rely on graphology (handwriting
analysis). Some employers ask you to include a handwriting sample with your CV, and others
give you the handwriting test when you arrive. I asked someone if this is practiced in the US,
and he said "Graphology, isn't that like Tarot cards?" I have decided that from now on I will
refuse to take these kinds of tests since I believe they are an invasion of my privacy and
that they do not reflect my professional skills in any way. You could send your CV
anyway without a picture, and with a cover letter giving a polite and tactful reason
why you didn't include it. . If they respect your professionalism, they will call you in for
an interview anyway. If not, well, you didn't want to be hired as part of the office decor,
anyway, did you?

Rebecca M. Phillips
Documentation Manager
Qronus Interactive Ltd.