Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:11:35 GMT

Susan Gallagher (susan -at- livingston -dot- com) writes:
> We're trying to recruit tech writers right now. Not only are we having a
> hard time getting people in the door (we're in CA -- East Bay), but those
> coming in with 3+ experience are demanding at least 70K. Many want at least
> 75K. Perhaps it's networking writers in particular -- not sure.

This may create a misunderstanding but Susan did state 3 years experience
and with that one does not deserve $75k. Therefore, either Susan is wrong
if she really wants someone with 10 years experience or junior writers (3
years experience) are way out of line. I suspect, with respect, the former.

Bernie McCann bi975 -at- ncf -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Professional technical writing, remarkable translation, and
efficient turnkey management of engineering and scientific publishing.