Re: Cost of Living across the country..

Subject: Re: Cost of Living across the country..
From: Karen Mayer/Touch Technology <Karen_Mayer/Touch_Technology%TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTESGW -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 12:37:42 -0500

> http://www.homefair.com/homefair/cmr/salcalc.html

> This page will compute salaries relative to other parts of the
>country. I was doing a little comparis myself, and it turns out that:

> $37500 in Houston, TX is equivalent to:
> $55000 in Chicago
> $67500 in San Francisco/San Jose

> Check it out...

I've played around with this tool, and while it may be good for an *estimate*,
I've found that it seems to place the city I live in, Phoenix, at the bottom of
the scale in terms of cost of living. Every city I've ever compared it to with
this tool comes out requiring a higher salary. I find it difficult to believe
that I'm in one of the cheapest places to live in the country. I'm just not
that lucky!

-- Karen