Photoshop advice

Subject: Photoshop advice
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:58:30 -0500

Our two graphistes are planning to invest in a few books to
help them learn to use Adobe Photoshop more effectively.
(One has already taken a course, the other will soon.) Can
you recommend any books that you found to be really
effective? Tutorials _and_ reference works would both be
appreciated. Please respond directly to me and I'll
summarize to the list.