Job, Tech Editor, Work-at-home

Subject: Job, Tech Editor, Work-at-home
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 08:16:02 PDT

Posted on request.

Subject: Position: Tech Editor, at-home location

Personal Engineering & Instrumentation News is a monthly trade publication
with a circulation of 50,000. We're an independent magazine, owned and
operated by the editor (myself) and the publisher, and we've been publishing
for 13 years and are a profitable, ongoing operation.

Our target audience is scientists/engineers who use PCs as productivity
tools. We cover the hardware and software that turns a PC into an engineering
aid. Our primary areas of coverage are data acquisition & control, embedded
programming, DSP, data analysis and test & measurement. You can get an idea
of what we do by examining back issues on our web site at www.pein.com.

We need a full-time staff editor to cover the areas of embedded programming
and CAE. The job involves writing product-roundup stories, new-product
stories, editing contributed manuscripts and coordinating the activity of a
columnist.

The job requires an engineering degree or equivalent experience, and we pay
accordingly.

We are a "virtual company" and have no central offices. Instead, everyone
from the publisher on down works out of his/her home.

If you'd like more infomation, contact me at PGSPersEng -at- aol -dot- com -dot-

Regards,
Paul Schreier, Editor

*** No recruiters or agents, please ***