Re: Need permission for links?

Subject: Re: Need permission for links?
From: Laura J Valentine <fiend+ -at- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:40:24 -0400

Excerpts from tech: 27-Sep-96 Need permission for links? by
geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
> However, there _is_ a netiquette (and etiquette!) issue
> involved. If you expect to be sending a lot of traffic to
> the other site, it would be a courtesy to ask them for
> permission. Strictly speaking, there's no practical way for
> them to say no, but if they don't want the link, would it
> be polite to build it anyway?

On a random side note:

The only sites I've seen that specifically request that you ask
permission to link to their pages are people who've put their master's
or doctoral thesis online. And I've never been refused permission by
one of them to link to, quote, etc...

--laura

fiend+ -at- cmu -dot- edu -=-=- http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jacquez/
-=--=- Cthulhu is the Patron Saint of Pittsburgh... -=--=-
Alpha Phi Omega, Kappa Chapter, Carnegie Mellon University