FW: Looking for Copyright info

Subject: FW: Looking for Copyright info
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 17:37:00 -0600

The POINT of the web is that there are a jillion paths you can take
to get information. It would be just plain stupid to start limiting
what you can link to. It would virtually eliminate critical links
(click here to tell Kinko's to go to hell, follow this link to the
ugliest web page ever, etc.)

This is precisely why you should ask first. It's one of the unfortunate side
effects of the Internet Age. We now consider that we not only have the right
to be uncivil, to humiliate our fellow netizens, but we also insist we have
the right to compel them to co-operate in their own humiliation.

While I can uphold the one, I cannot in good conscience uphold the other.
The idea that one can link to any page in any manner means that netizens no
longer have the simple and fundamental human right to choose the company
they keep.

Whatever happened to the basic human right to refuse to have any contact
with a person or group?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224