Re: Translation services

Subject: Re: Translation services
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 17:32:03 GMT

Bruce Brill (Bruceb -at- accentsoft -dot- com) writes:
> On 23 Sept 96 Vanessa Wilburn asked:

>>Could we have this on the list? I'm interested, I'm sure there are
>>other interested parties. --Vanessa

>>>Robbie Rupel <robbie -at- NENE -dot- CMS-STL -dot- COM> wrote:
>>>My company is considering having the documentation (paper and
>>>online) translated into several languages (French, ....
>>
> In response (though at the risk of blatant advertising!), I will
> include FYI the following from my firm's translation services
> department:

BLATANT, YES, AND I'M NOT AMUSED!

snip ...

> software. Accent combines state-of-the-art software with a unique
> approach to multilingual challenges.

BEWARE THE TRANSLATOR WHO USES COMPUTER TRANSLATION!

> To assure highest quality, our Translation Department employs only
> the finest, most reliable translators.

WE HOPE THAT THERE ARE ALSO "QUALIFIED TERMINOLOGISTS, REVISORS AND
TECHNICAL ACCURACY CHECKERS?

Many work in their native countries, which *insures*

ENSURES?

they are on top of fast-changing computer
> terminology and technology. Furthermore, we always insist on
> independent proofreaders checking all work.

> Our Translation Department, managing a staff of 100 translators

100 ... PLEASE!

> over 20 languages,

20, AND STILL MAINTAIN HIGH TECHNICAL QUALITY?

Bernie McCann bi975 -at- ncf -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Professional technical writing, remarkable translation, and
efficient turnkey management of engineering and scientific publishing.