Re: User names

Subject: Re: User names
From: "Guy L. Pace" <pace -at- COOPEXT -dot- CAHE -dot- WSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:29:32 -0700

At 12:54 PM 9/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>One source for names from different cultures and countries is to
>>international phone books.

> I do this when I need some random names. What I do though is pick one last
>name then pick a first name from another page. This lessens the chance that
>I'm using an actual person's name. Pretty much. What're the chances of a
>"Penelope Kolje" being out there, hmm?

Should work as long as you skip the sections where you find last names that
are very common in other cultures, such as Takahashi, Chan, MacGregor. That
would be like picking the last name Smith out of the NYC phone book.
;-)

Regards: Guy L. Pace (pace -at- wsu -dot- edu)
Computer Support Analyst II
Washington State University
AMA#606009 DoD#0974
http://coopext.cahe.wsu.edu/~pace/

"My mind is my own church." Thomas Paine