Professional societies

Subject: Professional societies
From: Rob Miller <Miller_Robert_C -at- 90 -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:48:37 -0500

I have been a member of STC for 7 years and now I pay the membership fee
MYSELF. I was also a member of the IEEE PCS for a few years when my
employer was willing to pay both STC and IEEE memberships.

I highly recommend STC and, if you can afford both, I'd add IEEE, also.
In some respects, IEEE was more interesting than STC but, because of
STC's size, the publications put out by STC cover a much wider range of
subjects.

I have not been a member of ACM.