Re: Obsession with University Degrees?

Subject: Re: Obsession with University Degrees?
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:02:05 -0500

>I have a degree in philosopy

>I've never been turned down for a job for which I am qualified.

>If you have
>the skills and the background, you shouldn't have a problem selling
>yourself.

But you still have a degree. Sometimes, don't forget, just having a
degree in _something_ is manditory in some cases, even if the degree isn't
necessarily directly related to the field like yours.

I've seen people refused because they didn't have any degree but did have
writing experience and at the same place people hired without hardly any
writing experience but who did have a wholly unrelated degree.

Very frustrating even for me, an observer.

-- Eric (^_^)

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI