Re: Obsession with University Degrees?

Subject: Re: Obsession with University Degrees?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 07:15:56 PDT

>Robert pilloried HR types with a vengence, and in another
>life I might have fully ( operative word is FULLY ) agreed.
>But I know some HR types simply pass along the hiring
>person's reqs, and when resumes come in, they send'em, sans
>comment, to the hiring person's desk.

I did not mention HR even once in my posting. My experience with
HR is that they do what they're told, and that the hiring manager
(that is, the person to whom the newly hired employee will be
reporting) will often commit the sins I mentioned in spite
of strongly worded, convincing advice to the contrary, and without
being able to justify their actions except that they are "normal"
and "make them feel better."

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139