TW Jobs in Los Angeles--HELP =)

Subject: TW Jobs in Los Angeles--HELP =)
From: "Laura J. Mulcahy" <laura -at- INTERCON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 13:21:22 -0400

Greetings!

I will be moving to L.A. in the near future, and I would like some gauge
as to the TW industry there. I would appreciate any answers to
the following questions:

1) Number of companies that have TW needs (not an exact figure; can
respond with "lots," "some, " or perilously few"). Does not need to
be confined to one field (I work in Internet software, FYI).

2) Availability of said TW jobs

3) Salary estimates for someone with nearly three years of
hands-on experience

4) Best companies to target (if anyone knows)

5) Companies to avoid like the plague (see #4)

6) Number of software companies, roughly (I know the majority is in N. CA)

7) The best industry to get a TW job in while living in L.A.

8) Good places to live (I know this strays from the topic, but what
the heck! ;-)

If anyone on this list works for an L.A.-based company and has a TW
need, please email me if you'd like a resume. If you don't need writers
at this time but would like to share your fountain of L.A. knowledge,
I would be most appreciative!

Thank you very much, and have a great day!

Laura J. Mulcahy
Technical Writer
InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.5570
Check out InterCon's software at: http://www.intercon.com/

"Take advantage of your shortcomings while you still have them."
--Douglas Adams