Re: Why not to credit writers

Subject: Re: Why not to credit writers
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:28:43 GMT

In article <Pine -dot- SGI -dot- 3 -dot- 93 -dot- 960919102537 -dot- 13658A-100000 -at- world -dot- std -dot- com>, Gary
Comins <gcomins -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM> writes:

[...]

|> I recently checked the web pages of a small daily newspaper that I worked
|> for. They had to downsize and lay off about 12 people.

[...]

|> Is there any important reason to complain about my name being listed on
|> their web page along with other staff members?

Not unless it is costing you money or opportunities to earn money. Seems
like it might be beneficial for you in some cases. It sounds like an
oversight rather than an attempt to use your past association with the
paper to illegimately generate revenue.

Now, if you were, say, a Pulitzer-prize winner now working for another
newspaper, your current employer might have other notions about your
previous employer still claiming you worked for them.
--
Len Olszewski My opinions; you go get your own.
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com