Decorating a TW Cubicle using Modern Art

Subject: Decorating a TW Cubicle using Modern Art
From: Matthew Nankin <mnankin -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 00:42:22 GMT

As technical writing is the crossroads of technology and communication
that explains clearly and simply, what better way to draw a contrast
to those disciplines than to hang posters of modern artists whose
work is often dependent upon the interpretation of the viewer.

In the Boston area, there have been recent auctions at the Burlington
Marriott on both this past Labor Day and Memorial Day with each attendee
receiving a free poster ($80 value, though I am skeptical). Whether you
are a fan of modern art or not, I think that there is enough "text"
communication going around the average office so as to make printouts
of that same communication on a cubicle wall redundant. Although there
may be a place for it as a necessary part of the daily routine,
it should be kept in perspective.