Indexing

Subject: Indexing
From: "Kim L. Shaw" <103205 -dot- 402 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:38:02 EDT

Nancy Lynch,

If you haven't already done this, read the chapter on indexes in the Chicago
Manual of Style (it's chapter 17 in the 14th edition). This discussion tells
you everything you ever wanted to know (maybe more!) about how to index. I
especially appreciated the very clear step-by-step process, which helped me
immeasurably when I created my first index back in the old days before online
indexing.

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics Inc.
Houston

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-