listing "credits" in a manual for in-house use

Subject: listing "credits" in a manual for in-house use
From: Joy Zigo <Joy -dot- Zigo -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:21:56 -0400

Techwriters of the World--

I'm writing and producing a series of manuals, most of them about
applications developed in-house, a couple on apps the company has
purchased from vendors. The manuals are for in-house use, as student
guides in training classes and as reference guides to the apps.

My name and phone extension need to appear in the manuals, so that
users know whom to call with questions or suggestions for the next
version....Frankly, I'm also happy to have my name included for
another reason: some of the products go into my portfolio ;-).

Currently, the last line on a "feedback form" on the last page of the
manual says, in tiny type, "This Reference Guide was developed and
written by Joy Zigo (ext. xxxx)." Now someone else has designed a
terrific cover, & I'd like to be sure his name appears somewhere also.
"Cover design by Ronald Magritte" doesn't seem to belong on that
feedback form, though. Should our credits both go somewhere up front,
like at the end of the table of contents? What about "copyright symbol
HarperCollins, 1996?"

How and where do other people include these items in in-house manuals?
Thanks for any suggestions!--Joy

Joy Zigo
Curriculum Developer
HarperCollins Publishers
joy -dot- zigo -at- harpercollins -dot- com

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, and not my employer's.

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-