Re: Never Had to Index

Subject: Re: Never Had to Index
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 06:42:50 -0400

At 04:29 PM 9/11/96 GMT, Steve Fouts <stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM> wrote:

>Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG <MCJOHNSO -at- tcs -dot- lmco -dot- com> wrote in article
><32359300 -at- msgate -dot- tcs -dot- lmco -dot- com>...
>| I've been writing hardware and software documentation since 1978, but
>never
>| once have I had to create an index. I have a feeling, however, that my
>luck
>| is about to change.

>Your luck, and the luck of your readers. I hope there is no pride in that
>statement.

>Steve Fouts
>stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com

Now, now, Steve, he never said his books didn't have indexes, only that he
didn't have to create them!

I've written several manuals that were indexed by others; only recently have
I had to index my own manuals. And I agree with Mike: I HATE indexing more
than any other task required of tech writers.

Win

Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-