What to put on a CV

Subject: What to put on a CV
From: Mary Howe <thunder -at- IDIR -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:55:22 -0500

I called the English dept. at a local university to ask about teaching
one tech writing course. I was told to send a letter of inquiry and my
CV.

Here's my question for the list, especially aimed at those of you who
teach tech writing:

On my CV, under 'Publications,' how do I refer to what I've done as an
independent TW? I've only been doing this since December, and since
then I've written a restaurant management training course, a software
user reference manual, and some other small things.

By the way, many of you gave me encouragement last fall when I was
thinking about leaving my academic research job to become a tech
writer. Thanks, thanks, thanks! I love my work very much. I have not
one single regret about making the change. And if I get to teach just
one class I'll be a happy person.

Mary Howe
Thunder Works, Inc.
Writing and Editorial Services
thunder -at- idir -dot- net

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-