Re: Pros and Cons of Section Numbering (Short)

Subject: Re: Pros and Cons of Section Numbering (Short)
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 06:47:59 PDT

I haven't checked this, but I doubt that you can get through any college
cirriculum without using a large number of textbooks with numbered sections.
Thus, if your readership is college-educated, books with numbered
sections should be a complete non-issue as far as "intimidating the
reader" goes.

I don't remember enough about high-school textbooks to know whether it's
true for that level, too.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-