Query: Writing samples

Subject: Query: Writing samples
From: Nancy McGuire <Nkmcguire -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 17:06:15 -0400

I'm posting this to two lists, so some of you may see this twice. Next month,
I am teaching a two-hour class on technical writing at my local community
college. This is a class for chemical technicians and technologists, so we
will be covering lab notebooks, standard operating procedures, Materials
Safety Data Sheets, executive summaries, and technical manuscripts. Without
violating any copyright laws, would some of you send me some samples of
exceptionally good and exceptionally bad technical writing? Software manuals
and appliance instruction manuals seem to be favorite sources for bad
writing. The samples should be fairly brief, since I want the students to
critique them in class. Throw in some good and bad graphs, tables, and
figures if you have them. Please post your mailings directly to me, as I tend
to get behind on reading my digests.
Thanks in advance,
Nancy McGuire
nkmcguire -at- aol -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-