RightWriter

Subject: RightWriter
From: John Glenn <sfarmh1 -at- SCFN -dot- THPL -dot- LIB -dot- FL -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:28:51 -0400

Does anyone know if RIGHTWRITER is still around.
Unlike some grammar check utilities, RW did its
^thing,^ made a list of ^suggestions,^ and allowed the user
to change as desired and at the author's pace -- nothing
^interactive^ here. RW also had a fairly good selection of
indices (indexes >).
Nothing's perfect ... USAF had some grammar rules an IBMer
challenged once. Pentagon-ese passed, albeit no one at the
STC conference comprehended what was written, while a
Hemmingway paragraph (of only 104 words) flunked the fog
test ... which the TWs understood with ease.
I lost track of RightWriter when I was forced out of DOS.

PLEASE, post replies to the address in the sig block
(below). TIA

john glenn <sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us>
...do not make a statement that cannot be easily
understood on the grounds that it will be understood
eventually. (Hillel)

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-