Re: Reorganization Question (long response)

Subject: Re: Reorganization Question (long response)
From: Gary Comins <gcomins -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 23:02:49 -0400

Hi,

I agree with most of the commentary about the challenge of working as a
writer within a larger non-writing group.

However, all the discourse leaves me with a question.
If the engineers are not customer-oriented, and do not care what happens
to the product when it leaves their department, what is their motivation
for designing and working on the hardware or software?

Would the communication be better if we had an understanding of their
raison d'etre, their modus operandi, or attitude towards what they hope
to accomplish?