Moderated Techwr-l List?

Subject: Moderated Techwr-l List?
From: Tom Neuburger <Tom_Neuburger -at- LTX-TR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:55:21 -0600

Folks,

Sorry for this--I just read through the thread
on personal attacks and Oh yes it is.

To the raucous 10%:

That there would be a debate in a professional
forum about whether personal attacks are appropriate
is a stunning surprise.

Professional people are frequently uncivil, but
they're not often confused about whether that's
a good thing.

To the rest:

I have a suggestion--Would someone volunteer
to maintain a moderated techwriter list? I know
Eric is too busy, and I don't blame him for not
wanting yet another baby to sit. Any takers?

This is not about the morality of behavior--Colorful
people make the dullness bloom. The wonderful
inventiveness and variety of this species is a
constant delight. Makes me glad I joined.

But I would sure love to split this list into its
components and subscribe to one of them.

It's kind of like wanting the people next door
to stop throwing up on your sidewalk. I like them,
they're fun to play with, but I wish they didn't live
so close. And I kind of wish they didn't say--if
you don't like the mess, clean it up (delete it)
yourself.

If there are serious takers, I'll do what I can
to help.

Thanks for listening,

Tom Neuburger