Re: Is It My Job?

Subject: Re: Is It My Job?
From: Grant Hogarth <grant -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:28:07 -7

Moshe --
Susan G has given you some very good advice.

At my company, (where we code in C++), I have the programmers
generate an .HM file, which gives me all the tags (including many
that help can't call, btw). I then construct the Context-sensitive
Help portion of my help file with the tag as the title, context ID,
and text for the CSH. I can then click on any object and get the tag
that is really being called.
My only interaction w/ the engineers on this afterwards is bug and
bad implemetation reports.

As for getting help on ever menu option, that can be done (IMHO)
through the main help, I don't know of any way to get CSH on a menu
item. (a dialog box *called* from a menu item, yes, but not the menu
item itself.)

You might also want to consider subscribing to the Winhep List:

send: SUB WINHLP-L <your real name>
to: listserv -at- Admin -dot- HumberC -dot- ON -dot- CA

High volume, technical list. Available in digest (WinHlp-D).
Friendly to newcomers.
Winhlp-L home page:
http://www.humberc.on.ca/~byrnes/winhelp.html

Windows Help authoring (free monthly newsletter)
send: SEND INFO
to: wai -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (Ben Weisner)
for a subscription, address him as one human to another)

Good luck!

Grant