Re: &Midnight

Subject: Re: &Midnight
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 08:37:41 -0500

>Noon doesn't have that problem. It also shouldn't be used with A.M. or P.M.
>And it too doesn't need to have a "12" added to it unless one's readers might
>otherwise interpret "noon" as "midday" -- another animal altogether.

What does "midday" mean if not noon? I've never heard it used to refer to
anything but high noon....

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. --- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| Milwaukee, WI

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words."
-- Mark Twain