Re: Portfolios?

Subject: Re: Portfolios?
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 07:17:21 -0500

> When you present a portfolio, should it be something you give to the
> interviewer
> to keep, or is it understood that you are just showing what work you have done?

It's never to keep--I've never heard of _giving_ a portfolio away. There's a
difference between "samples cannot be returned" and showing someone your
portfolio.
Sometime's they'll keep the portfolio for a week or something while they
compare it to others and decide on who to hire, but never ever would anyone keep
it forever.
Portfolios are supposed to contain original works--some or all of which might
be impossible to replace.

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. --- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| Milwaukee, WI

"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words."
-- Mark Twain