Re: Help for a newbie?

Subject: Re: Help for a newbie?
From: Helen Whitehead <ga42 -at- DIAL -dot- PIPEX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 20:45:51 +0100

To Kate

Kate Marventano wrote:

> I am curious as to methods you use in the final stages of your books
> material before handing them off to editors. What techniques do you
> use for proofreading, and ensuring that your material is the best it
> can be before handing it off?

> I just completed my first book, and realized that my attention to
> detail leaves something to be desired.

Sounds like a good job for a technical editor to me. IMHO (and I suppose
I'm biased being an editor as well as a writer) it's always a good idea
to have more than one person see a publication before it goes to final
print.

Yes, *you* need to read it as closely as you possibly can, but a
professional editor/proofreader wouldn't take long to give you their
opinion (therefore not be too expensive).

Good luck
Helen

--
Helen Whitehead Final Draft Editorial and Writing Services (UK)
h -dot- whitehead -at- dial -dot- pipex -dot- com