Technical Writing Degrees -Reply

Subject: Technical Writing Degrees -Reply
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:00:32 -0600

Check thed ATTW (Association for Teachers of Technical
Writing) web page. I can't remember the address, but they
are easy to find. They have a list of schools that have
grad and undergrad programs. There are only two really good
programs that I know of near you. New Mexico State has a
program that goes all the way to Ph.D., and we at USU have
an MS that takes about a year of full time study--focussing
largely on Multimedia, and computer documentation. Our
program is based of a philosophy of one-on-one mentorship
with extensive internships. Texas Tech also has an
outstanding program, but it is further away from you. There
are some good programs in California, but you'll have to
track them down yourself.

Dave Hailey
fahailey -at- wpo -dot- hass -dot- usu -dot- edu
Assistant Professor
Professional Writing/Hypermedia
Utah State University